Okta SCIM Integration
This integration with Okta is currently under development and is not available to customers yet.
Contact Spotinst to learn more.
- New user creation:
- New users created through OKTA will also be created in the Spotinst organization.
- User deletion:
- Users deactivated through OKTA will be deleted from the Spotinst organization.
- User recreation:
- Previously deactivated users, can be reactivated on OKTA, and will be recreated in the Spotinst organization.
- Okta account.
- Spotinst account.
- Spotinst SSO configured.
- Default Relay State.
- Spotinst Bearer Token.
Step-by-Step Configuration Instructions
- In the Okta dashboard, click on “Admin”.
- Afterward, from the top menu, select “applications”.
- Click on “Add application”
- Search for “Spotinst” and select the “Spotinst” object under Integrations.
- In the Integration page, click on “Add”
- Click on “Configure API Integration”
- Verify that the “API Integration” checkbox is enabled.
Insert the API token (configured as part of the prerequisites).
Click on “Test API Integration”.
After Completion click on “Save”
- Browse to the “Import” tab
- Click on “Import now” and then click “Ok”
- Select the users which you would like to assign to Spotinst by selecting the checkbox on the right.
- After selecting the users, click on “Confirm Assignments”
- Click on “Confirm”
- Browse to the “Provisioning” tab.
- Select “To App” from the left-hand menu
- Click on “Force Sync”
- From the top menu, select “Directory” and then “People”.
- Select the user
- Click on “Assign Application”
- Select “Spotinst SCIM” and then click on “Assign”
- In this screen, click on “Save and go back”
- This integration deals with user creation & deletion, it does not update existing users.
- It does not affect existing users in any way.
- In order to use this integration the Spotinst organization should have more than 1 user attached to it.