Spotinst Cloud Analyzer Onboarding
Getting started with the Spotinst Cloud Analyzer on AWS requires read only permissions to the Cost and Usage Reports, which are located on the Master Payer account.
Once you log into the Spotinst Console, select the “Cloud Analyzer – Cost Analysis” Dashboard. You will see the following message:
Select Add Permissions to start the connection wizard:
From here follow the on-screen instructions to connect your account:
Log in to your AWS Master Payer account.
Set up Cost and Usage Reports:
- To go to Cost and Usage Report setup, click here.
- To create a new report, follow the screenshots below.
- Include “Resource IDs” under “Additional report details”.
- Enable “Data refresh settings”.
- Time granularity “Units” should be Hourly.
- Enable report data integration for “Amazon Athena”.
- Once done, copy the “S3 Bucket” value, and return to the Spotinst Console.
- Enter the name of the S3 bucket where the hourly cost and usage reports are stored.
- Open the linked Cloudformation Template.
- Mark the checkbox acknowledging that CFN will create IAM resources, and hit create.
- Once the stack is created, copy the Spotinst Role ARN from the CFN stack’s outputs tab.
- Paste the Spotinst Role ARN in the wizard.
- Click “Done”.
Once your Organization is connected to the Spotinst Cloud Analyzer, initial data processing will take up to 24 hours. You will be notified via email when your dashboards are ready.