Spotinst Ocean is a managed infrastructure service for Kubernetes that automatically adjusts infrastructure capacity and size to meet the needs of all Pods, Containers and applications.
This tutorial covers the general creation of an Ocean cluster in your GCP account using the Spotinst Console. To get started with the Ocean Creation Wizard for GKE, log on to your Spotinst account and in Cloud Clusters under the Ocean menu select Create Cluster.
Step 1: General Settings
- Enter a Cluster Name and select a Location Type (Zonal/Regional).
- Select the GKE cluster to import the configuration from.
Step 2: Compute Settings
- Confirm or change the settings imported by the Ocean Creation Wizard.
Step 3: Connectivity
- Create a Spotinst token or use an existing one
- Install the Spotinst Controller Pod – You can do it using helm or by running kubectl commands. Learn more about the Spotinst Controller Pod and Ocean’s anatomy here.
- Click Test Connectivity to ensure the controller functionality
You’re all set! Ocean will now ensure the most cost-effective capacity and size possible for your cluster.
- Explore Ocean’s many features and concepts here.