Once Eco is enabled for the account, the Overview Dashboard becomes available.
The Dashboard displays the following values:
- Current Commitment:The amount currently committed to RIs in USD. The lower the commitment, the more flexible and dynamic the account’s compute resources can be.
- Total Saved: Total amount saved as a result of RI utilization in USD.
- EC2 Current Coverage: The current percentage of On-Demand instances in the account that are covered by Reservations.
- Max commitment: Maximum potential committed amount in USD.
- Additional Savings: The amount of additional potential savings in USD on top of existing RIs.
The above values can be filtered by the services:
- ES (Elasticsearch)
By default, all services are included. Below, you will find the following graphs:
- Savings over time: A bar graph that shows each month’s savings in the account, broken down per service.
- Commitment over time: A bar graph that shows all time commitment per month, broken down into Standard, Convertible, and Pending RIs.
- Commitment per Service: A pie chart that breaks down the total current RI commitment into the different services it is composed of.
- Commitment per Region: A pie chart that breaks total current RI commitment into the different regions RIs are found in.
Each of the above graphs can be filtered with the use of the provided legend, to hide or show different services/RI types/regions. By default, all the categories are displayed.
As Eco manages the account’s RI pool, the commitment over time graph will begin to gradually indicate shorter commitment terms, while savings will increase towards their maximum potential.