What is AMI Auto Backup?
The AMI Auto Backup provides a continuously updated point-in-time backup for the Elastigroup. This feature creates an image from a running instance in the Elastigroup and updates the group with the newly created image. By default, Elastigroup stores the last 3 images taken by the AMI auto backup. During Spot replacements, Elastigroup recovers from the latest image automatically.
Image Creation Frequency
The AMI Auto Backup provides several options for the frequency in which the backup images are collected:
- Continuous: The Continuous option will create a backup every 10 minutes.
- Custom: Use the Custom option and set a Cron expression to meet your needs.
- Hourly: Every hour a new image is created.
- Daily: Every day at 00:00 UTC, a new image is created.
- Weekly: Every Sunday at 00:00 UTC a new image is created.
Configuring AMI Auto Backup
In the Elastigroup Creation Wizard (or group configuration) go to the Compute tab. Under Additional Configurations select the AMI auto backup feature:
Next, select the image creation frequency:
You’re all set! Elastigroup will now automatically create backup images.