When Beanstalk deployment policy is set as:
Rolling with additional batch Elastigroup will use the
Independent integration method to manage the cluster instances.
Once an Elastigroup is created with Beanstalk
Independent integration, the following procedure takes place:
- Elastigroup will launch additional instances (same amount as the original Elastic Beanstalk ASG)
- Registering new instances to Elastic Beanstalk environment
- Registering new instances to Load Balancer
It’s crucial that all capacity changes be done via Elastigroup. Failing to do so may result in unexpected behavior. This includes detaching instances, Elastigroup/Beanstalk environment termination, scaling policies, and manual capacity changes.
Application Updates / Deployment
Versions will be deployed automatically. When updating application version or deploying a new application, no additional actions are required on the Elastigroup.
Infrastructure configuration changes
For non-capacity changes only. In the following steps the Beanstalk environment is updated, then the new configuration is imported and a blue/green deployment is initiated to gracefully replace the existing Elastigroup’s instances with new, updated instances.
- Open the Beanstalk environment in AWS and perform the changes there.
- Open the Elastigroup Management View. Under the Actions Menu select Beanstalk.
- Click Re-Import Config to re-import the updated Beanstalk configuration into your Elastigroup.
- Optional: Configure the Blue/Green Deployment. For more on configuring Blue/Green Deployments in Elastigroup see the documentation here.
- Click Save & Deploy.