You can configure Health Checks from the Elastigroup view by using the Actions button and selecting “Set Health Check”:
Spotinst offers an option for you to use our own custom Health Check Service (HCS) in your Elastigroup.
You can read about it here: Spotinst Custom Health Check Service – HCS
After setting the HCS in your VPC you can reference it in the HCS dialog and set the following parameters:
- Name: Name your Health Check for convenience.
- ProxyAddress: The public host/IP of your selected instance you installed service on. This will be set like http://publicip
- Protocol: Which protocol will Spotinst use to check the healthiness of your instances. Supported for now are http / https.
- Endpoint: The path of the Health Check in each instance.
- Interval: The interval (in seconds) between the checks. Minimum of 10.
- Timeout: The timeout (in seconds) to wait for each instance to answer the check. If it did not answer, we mark this attempt as
- UnhealthyThreshold: The number of consecutive failed health checks that must occur before declaring an instance
- HealthyThreshold: The number of consecutive successful health checks that must occur before declaring an instance
Save the settings and make sure that the HCS is also being used in the “Auto-Healing” setting of the group.